Many young mommies choose swimming as their main workout activities while being pregnant. Of course, they have other options as well, like walking, yoga, or Pilates, but still swimming is one the safest exercises for pregnant women, as it’s not placing high level stress on the whole body – as the water easily provide peaceful and calming sensation.
Benefits of Swimming for Pregnant Women
A bit different from any other exercise options for mommies, swimming can be safely done in all 3 trimesters. Why? Because it’s a low impact form of exercises, and doesn’t put a high-level stress on the body, as some of the pressure generated during exercise is being carried by the water. Additionally, this exercise will properly exhaust mommies and this will lead to better sleep quality.
What to Avoid During Swimming?
- Swim only in safe areas, like private or public swimming pools (the ones that are not too crowded). Avoid natural swimming areas like ocean, lakes, etc.
- Don’t swim alone. Always have someone to accompany you during any exercises.
- Avoid swimming when the water is very warm, as it will also increase your body temperature and affect the little one in your bump.
- Don’t overdo it. If you feel a bit tired, then you should stop. Just because you are used to swim for 30 minutes straight, doesn’t mean you have to do it exactly that long when you’re pregnant.
- Wear a good fit swimwear, not too tight. Here some ideas for maternity swimwear, or tankinis, from Spring Maternity Singapore;
Where to Buy Maternity Swimwear/Swimsuit in Singapore?
Spring Maternity offers a wide range of maternity and nursing clothing for your every need & occasion in Singapore.
Take a look at our collection here, or on our Instagram, or you can pay us a visit at our store at Wisma Atria @ 435 Orchard Road. You can always call us first at +65 8686 0778 or text us +65 8600 7716.